25th May 2020 - Half-Term
It’s half term and so there will be no home learning this week! We hope that you have been having lots of fun with your families. We miss you lots!
Over the Half term holiday we have some tasks for you.
Can you make something for our Woodlands School time capsule? Something to remind the children in the future of this time.
For example you could make -
- A letter
- A picture
- A poem
Write a positive message that could be sent to your local care home/hospital/dentists etc, to cheer people up. For example you could write a:
- positive picture
Take part in our art competition! (Any art…drawing/painting/sculpture)
The best pieces of art get displayed in school. You can send a picture if you can’t fit it in the hutch!
Please have a go at this yourselves and don’t let your grown-ups do it for you!
Please leave anything in the hutch during the week beginning 1st June.
Please don’t forget to keep practising;
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Counting forwards and backwards from 100
- Number formation and write numbers in digits to 100
- Number bonds to 10 e.g. 4+6=10/ 7+3=10
- Finding 1 more and 1 less than a number
- Phonics sounds (attached in first home learning pack)
- Read and write sentences with key words
- Writing sentences with capital letters, finger spaces and full stops
- Daily reading
- Spell the days of the week
- Joe Wicks PE (The body coach on YouTube)
- Cosmic Kids
- Just Dance
- Go Noodle
- Kids Zumba
- Kids bop
We look forward to welcoming back some of you on Monday 1st June. Don’t worry if you are continuing to stay at home because we will ring you up for a chat and we will have a ZOOM meeting each week so that we can all catch up as a class! Mrs Johnson will email Zoom meeting details each week for each Year Group/class.
We hope you all have a lovely holiday and remember, listen to you grown-ups and be kind!
The Year 1 Team
Miss Hilpert-Smith (Class Teacher) Mrs Ellgood & Mrs Pelosi (Class Teachers)
Mrs Spencer (Teaching Assistant) Ms Harris (Teaching Assistant)