COMMUNITY EDUCATIONAL PHYCHOLOGY SERVICE
Family Telephone Support Line
In order to support families during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Solihull Community Educational Psychology Service is providing direct access telephone consultation services for parents and carers. This service is available, 5 days a week for all parents and carers who live in Solihull who feel they may benefit from a consultation with a Community Educational Psychologist to support them with concerns they may have at this time. Concerns might include:
- How best to look after your own and/or your child’s mental and emotional well-being on a daily basis;
- How to talk with children about COVID-19 and their worries related to it;
- How to support children to engage with learning whilst at home;
- How best to maintain social connections whilst complying with social distancing;
- How to manage behaviour that can be challenging or difficult to manage.
If you would like to arrange a consultation please call 0121 779 1734. You will be offered an initial telephone consultation of 30 minutes with a Community Educational Psychologist. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your name;
- The telephone number you would like to be contacted on;
- Email address;
- Times and dates you are available for a consultation;
- Your or your child’s school (where relevant);
- A brief description of the area you would like support in.
This service will, as far as possible, be confidential.